TachImage Gallery |
Tachinid Times |
Taxonomic & Host Catalogue |
Arnaud (1978) |
CNC Types |
Manual of Nearctic Diptera |
Homepage of James E. O'Hara, Ph.D.
Dr. James E. O'Hara
Canadian National Collection of Insects
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
960 Carling Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1A 0C6
- Ph.D. (Entomology) 1987 - University of Alberta, Edmonton.
- M.Sc. (Entomology) 1981 - University of Alberta, Edmonton.
- B.Sc. (Honours Biology) 1978 - Carleton University, Ottawa.
- Various systematic studies on the Tachinidae.
- Catalogue of the Tachinidae of China.
- Development of Tachinidae website.
- Primarily systematics of parasitic flies of the family Tachinidae
- 2007: Organizer, field meeting of the North American Dipterists Society, 13-16 August 2007, Silver City, New Mexico, USA.
- 2006: Chair, Tachinidae Section, Sixth International Congress of
Dipterology, Fukuoka International Congress Center, Fukuoka.
- 2004 - present: Associate Editor, Zootaxa.
- 2004 - present: Chair, Library Committee, Eastern Cereal and Oilseed
Research Centre, Ottawa.
- 2003 - present: Webmaster, North American
Dipterists Society website.
- 2002 - present: Council member, International
Congresses of Dipterology.
- 2002 - 2004: Member, Library Committee, Eastern Cereal and Oilseed
Research Centre, Ottawa.
- 2002: Co-chair, Oestroidea Section, Fifth International Congress of
Dipterology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
- 1998 - present: Special Graduate Faculty member, Department of Environmental
Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph.
- 1998: Chair, Tachinidae Section, Fourth International Congress of
Dipterology, Oxford University, Oxford.
- 1997-2003: Chair, Finance Committee, Entomological Society of Canada.
- 1996-2003: Study Leader, Eastern Cereal and Oilseed Research Centre,
- 1996-1998: Secretary and Treasurer of the Canacoll Foundation.
- 1995: Invited NSF sponsored visiting curator, Entomology Department,
Texas A&M University.
- 1994 - present: Member, Dipterology
- 1994: Chair, Tachinidae Section, Third International Congress of Dipterology,
University of Guelph, Guelph.
- 1992-1996: Chair, Handbook Committee, Insects and Arachnids of Canada
- 1990-1994: Member, Organizing Committee for the Third International
Congress of Dipterology, University of Guelph, Guelph.
- 1988 - present: Editor, The Tachinid
- 1987: Co-coordinator of Scientific Program, Annual Meeting of the
Entomological Society of Alberta, Drumheller.
- Over 100 research, miscellaneous and electronic publications, mostly
on tachinid flies. To see a list of these publications, click
First published on the NADS website on 21 March 2004
Last update: 31 December 2012